Monday, October 1, 2007

First Day

Shannon didn't send me flowers as I did for her in 1976, but she did call me and urge me to stay awake and pay attention. Point well taken and I did manage to remain conscious-even after lunch.
It was all stuff I had already learned and done, but the whys and howcomes were presented, and were all very helpful. We also were presented with a couple of catalogues from local companies which give students and graduates substantial deals on tools and parts, as well as schwag. Damn! There goes all the money I'm saving by eating cheap (though healthy). Tonight, I was mean to the other occupants. I cooked my toasted-garlic-browned-chicken-and-garbanzos in tomato sauce dish. At least they got to savor the bouquet while munching their ramenses and subways. I will probably be invited to a blanket party tonight.
No photos of/from school yet, so I'll throw in some from the trip.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Hello Gregor.... glad to hear you're finally in the west coast. I'm going to call you tonight because I just realized it's been a few days since we chatted up a storm. The days fly by so dang fast. I'm not getting this schooling part of the trip...what gives and whatcha wanna be -- a senior lead bike mechanic?

Dude, we can't wait to see you. Peach thinks we should get in the car and meet up with you somewhere on your way into Cali. What do you think?

Take care... don't frickin' mention again that you read the maps and take pictures while driving! It makes me crazy -- you NEED to be safe, bro!

Does your brother, Nick, read your blog? Oye Nicholas -- are you coming to California soon?

Gregory N. Locsin said...

Last I heard from Nick was that he was trying to set things up to be there. He's in Minneapolis or some other fascinating place like that right now. Won't bew back at the PAD until later this week.

You want to meet me halfway???? If I have to follow someone the rest of the way, I'll surely fall asleep. If I have to lead someoune else while I follow the GPS; we'll all be lost.