Monday, October 15, 2007

Internet Service

Well, I finally have reliable internet service. I just have to get to a Starbucks and buy a cuppa something and a fistful of something else and I can use my $40 T-Mobile service. If I use it every day, I will have spent less than using the other dump which changed its rates and procedure daily. Beginning to feel like a real yuppie, hanging out at Starbucks.

John M.:
I got your voice mail this morning. I must have been in the shower (late, just to disgust one roommate) and didn't hear it ring. Glad you are onto the blog now. My ETA in Mesa will be aroung the first weekend in Nov., unless I stay a couple of days in Venice Beach. But then that depends on how much cycling I do on the Coastal Highway on the way there. My buddy Joe has to buy a new touring bike, and we'll have to do a shakedown ride on it. I'll keep you posted.

Rhonda, the card I sent when I first got here came back today. I stuck two of the wrong stamps on it so it never got past Medford. It's outgoing tomorrow.

Photos are of the area around Jacksonville and Phoenix which neighbor Ashland. The colors are just hitting peak and it's really beautiful. I should say "was"; rain, fog and drizzle all day today along with a drop in temperature. I wouldn't be surprised to see white mountains/hills the next time I can see them.

Today we covered BRAKES; coasters, drums, cantilevers, linear pulls, single pivot, dual pivot, mechanical disc and fluid disc. I was so tired of bikes that I walked intown to connect.

Hasta Luego! G.

No comments: