Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Long Day

Logged an hour and a half of "overtime" working on a couple of bikes that were really inb poor shape. Got it done, rushed to apt and cooked black beans brown rice and gray sausage. Then off to Starbux for a decaf coffee and an espresso brownie which will negate the former. They closed at 9:00 and I'm on the street again.
Standing under an overhang, out of the cold drfizzle, feeling like Sal Paradise after he got kicked out of the Harrisburg train station. That from Kerouac's "On The Road" for which I must thank Andre. Great book, and I'm sorry I waited so long to read it. Kind of fits in with the cold drizzle, lukewarm decaf, for which I didn't pay because it was the end of the pot, and the gruel I had for chow. Mot complaining-it tasted great (forgot to mention the spinach/olive oil/balsamic salad), and was certainly healthy-it just looked like hell.
Anyway, that's today. Tomorrow is more of the same and another 7:00 pm night. I hope to be able to use that time to practice wheel-lacing for the advanced course next week.
In the meantime, Joe, my partner from the first week is touring Tahoe, Reno and making his way to Sacramento to use up the old touring bike before I find him a new, higher=end one. Vicarious extravagance-I love it!
Buenas Noches!

1 comment:

NTL said...

When you get back I'll have a steak, martini, and cigar waiting....for me.