Sunday, October 7, 2007

New Digs

Yesterday I moved to the Old Folks Home, the "annex" where they bunk the more mature (as Murray the manager) put it, the women and the socially incompatible. I don't fit one category. Anyway, I spent the mornin g moving, finding lost items and re-arranging. the guy I'm sharing the livingroom with is a neatnick, and that's ok. There will be a woman moving into the single bedroom, which she'll share with my one of bikes.

In the afternoon, I finally got some pain relief from naproxen which Shan told me about. Thanx! Then I rode 15 miles to Medford, had a cup of coffee and discovered my first flat. Fixed it, and headed off to the mosquito-infested swamp where I had my second flat. Used my spare tube, my CO2 and almost all the sunlight alloted to me.

Took a couple of shots, one of the Bear Creek Greenway between Ashland and Medford and the other of the view I have out of the front window of the annex. The other window is painted black.

Going up to Crater Lake today to try and ride the Rim Road. More about that adventure when I get back.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Finally got some technoguru mojo from Dyl making this gmail possible so atlast a blog comment from J2S1. Love the blog. Sorry about the back. How's that lying on the floor, chair supported stretch doing? Did I tell you to lay there for 20minutes and when you get up roll off to the side as crunching straight up will undo some of the good you've done yourself? I'm confused about the magnet. Hope you're enjoying your new digs. Sounds like a better scenario.
Oh, on your love of the live music scene. Susan Werner is playing in Oregon soon. I think she's in Bend, 3 + hours away. But I'd drive it if I were you. Check her out on the web. She's my all time fav performer and will remind you of Speace.
Later, S
Oh, embarkment photos of this adventure's launch are stuck in camera.