Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Wk 4, D3, P1-6, File B 1-4

Six pages of notes four recorded lectures, I don't know how many handwashings due to draining and refilling forks with suspension oil. Makes one really long for the old straight framed mtn. bikes. But then when you consider back injuries... I did learn some stuff about tuning the suspension on the Schwinn which helps in the absence of owners' manuals. The material isn't hard to grasp once you can visualize what is going on INSIDE the fork. Animated flow diagrams would be a great help, but would add to the bottom line.

DylKris, thanks for the packet of information and the Alcatraz cup. I hope it is not a harbinger of things to come. I saw where you circled Ramona St. I am sorely tempted to cycle in there if I can find a relatively secure spot within a reasonable round-trip distance. I don't remember many hills in the 'hood, but then I haven't been there since 1955. I'll have to go to Google Earth to see the topos, if the lousy T-Mobile service can hold up. I've been knocked off three times today.

For those of you keeping an eye open for a Kitchen Buddha for me; "Ho Tai" (I'm told) is a generic name for a pot-bellied, smiling Buddha. I was told to ask for a "Kitchen Buddha"

Joe, What are the fires doing in your neighborhood? I see they have gone near the Simi Valley, but am not that savvy about the geography there.

Phred and John: I'm hoping to spend a couple of days and nights camping in the desert. I'm told that you can go out on federal land and camp anywhere without being in a regulated campground. Izzatso, and if so, do you know of any such areas near Mesa?

SJ&JG, I finally found a different, non-touronic postcard. On it's way tomorrow.

Peachy & Mahones, I'm drooling already, anticipating the pagkain. Geneva sends her regards to all.

Off on my last soy milk/pita run to the local Safeway-2 to go!!

No comments: