Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday, a day of rest.

Cold fog greeted us today, but around 1030 two of us took off at 49 degrees for a long one. Went back to Jacksonville and headed through it into some "hills". 60+, tobacco-shredded sea-level lungs couldn't keep up with 23ish on a titanium bike, but I never stopped for a break. Did have to thrash in Granny gear for a half a mile, but...
On the other side, after he took off pedalling downhill, he rode past where we were supposed to turn apparently not seeing me waving frantically. I wasn't doing to chase him downhill for several miles just to tell him that we had to go back up. So I waited. He didn't show back up in half an hour, so I continued. Confucious say, "Not good to leave man with map." I had a good ride and got to ride at my pace, finishing 60 miles about an hour before dark. Speedy came in about fifteen minutes, and probably several miles later.

No new roommates in the Annex. Mr. wound-too-tight-whine-about-everything-knows-more-than-anyone-else lives in the other room. I don't talk to him unless absolutely necessary, so he goes over and makes himself unwelcome in the other room. They have started to lock the door on him 'cause he's such a pain. His twin left Saturday, so things are improved in the annex.
Five more days!!!!

No comments: