Thursday, October 11, 2007

Aspersions cast upon my culinary talents!

And those from one who supped graciously in the wilds of Flagstaff thanks to my tireless efforts to provide a gastronomic apogee to life's mundane fare! Bones! You owe me. Let's see. I'll have to forsake my diet and make you pay me off with a serving of Simone's sausage gravy on bisquits.

Dyl, I did notice a lot of tool pimping and catalog flogging. In any case, the prices are quite reasonable, better than any I've been able to find elsewhere-especially since I pay no shipping. That is there is no cost until I have to drag them home or mail other culch to make room in the car.

Shan, I didn't get out to the post office to buy stamps, so JG won't get a card for a few. I shall buy some by Saturday, for sure, and then the dry spell will end.

Today we started getting into the numbers, and my hands started sweating. We were given several formulae for gear and chainline and whatever-the-hell-else they expect us to know. I did pick up on the golden phrase, "You might need this in the future." so I used up half a highlighter on the page.

Stayed after regular hours for the 2 hour free-time session and laced up another wheel to practice for the final exam in the next course-I'm that much ahead and on the ball. Now that I'm done straining my rotator cuff while patting myself on the back; I'm going back to the barracks and bang my head on the floor to wake up and read tomorrow's material. I'll sleep when I'm dead.

3 comments:

Howard & Simone said...

We decided not to participate in your guessing game because with our luck, we might win!

Unknown said...

It's a canned crustecean of some kind. Smoked clam/oyster? I feel your pain. Exam next week. This fungal chapter has whole chunks of English that aren't and the damn prof has stuff on the quizzes which aren't in the book, which is problematic as that's all we have in an online course. Good to know on the blood should we need your DNA when your mate goes "Wrenchy." In other delights we share in your drizzle to the 1,000th degree with day 4 of solid rain. I'm building an Arc. Toyota is back from body shop. On the way home, the check engine light came on. No winning. Can you make me a rain proof Locsincycle?
No worries. Crater Lake PC arrived today. She's 2, memories short, but she does ask for you.
As for the grades and the math, you taught me fractions and I passed. You've got the noggins. Plus, in the future all you need to know is where to find the right formula. Hang in there, recreate and eat some fresh food already.

Unknown said...

PS Don't send me any of that!