Friday, October 19, 2007

Two down, one to go.

Course two is over. I have my "paper" but I'm not free yet-one more (harder) course to do. My exam results will be mailed to my home address, per Oregon State law. If I flunked, I'll find out about the second day when the administrator comes into the classroom and asks me to pack my books and step out. It will be dejavu to the Army days when two armed MPs came into the bomb-building plant where I worked and arrested me because I had a peace symbol on my cigarette lighter. Boy, am I glad I gave up smoking, but that's all another story.

The exam was an eye-opener. It was open book, notes, reference tome or whatever. A few times I flipped through my notebook to look up an answer, and found drool-stained pages and heiroglyphics. Took me back to the days of Economic Geography 203.

All is not lost, though. I can go to my new digital WAV recorder and extract the lectures, match them up with the numbered and dated pages and identify the lectures during which I was forced to nap. All I need is to replace the batteries, read the instructions, find someone to translate the instructions, buy voice recognition/transcription software, read the instructions for that, get translations and load it into this machine after reading the directions, falling asleep and looking for a translator. Andre, What are you doing this winter?

Dylan has alluded to the fact that he might buy some spandex and get out on a roadie next year. I don't know about N.H. but spandex isn't mandatory here. I wear mismatched colors, and mountain/road clothing sometimes covered by an old police-days sweater (with insignia removed, of course) and I am among the more conservatively dressed. Ashland's sartorial state aside, I think we should be looking for a "deal" or "project" bike for him, or anyone else interested. I have a couple hanging off the bannister already, and need to keep my hands in the mechanics while I'm not working at Ernies or looking for the perfect homebase.

I'm going to try to develop an itinerary for the blog, but at this point the only date carved in stone is 10/27. I will be departing Ashland sometime before noon, I hope, and doing the drive to Sacramento; heading for Peachy's. Once there, I hope to have a hard-wire internet connection, so if any of you creditors are watching this blog and tracking my movements: I WILL SEND YOU SOME MONEY THEN!!!!!!

Have a great weekend, all, and I'll be posting provided T-mobile cooperates. I've been knocked off their "Hotspot" service at least twice this afternoon, so I'm in doubt whether I'll get my $40.00 worth of service. It's only money, Right?!?!?!

No comments: