Thursday, March 19, 2020

Lockdown in Spain-Day 5


This is part of the pile of new photo gear and information which were acquired in anticipation of the April trip to Torino and Alba in the Piemonte region of Italy.  There is another lens in a new bag, a rather expensive tripod in a closet and a wide angle which is yet to be delivered.  I'm still studying the manuals and learning the workings of the two cameras in the hope that I will be able to use them soon.  I've given up on finding interesting photos in my limited area of movement, but that is probably a failure on my part.  They are there, I just can't see them.  I ordered the wide angle today.  You may ask "Why"?  I guess it was a reinforcement of the hope that I will be alive by the latest delivery date of 23 May, or that if I am, I'll be able to walk the streets and use it.

Being locked down isn't so bad if one thinks in terms of "tomorrow".  I feel fine today.  I went out tonight and tossed the rubbish, waved at a fellow walking his dog and re-entered my refuge.  Isabel and I have written down our menu and grocery list for next week, and that means we expect to be having barbecued ribs next Sunday.  But after that is a big void; stretching all the way to the 23rd of May which is the last date on which I might receive the new lens.  In terms of the virus, and being told to sequester ourselves within four walls, that seems to be an eternity. 

We still have active tickets on the flight to Torino on 20 April.  I still have not heard that my 30 May flight from Madrid to Boston has been cancelled.  The US has recommended that all citizens return home or risk being stranded abroad.  My home IS abroad.  Does that mean that if I want to fly to Boston in May, providing Iberia is allowed to launch the flight, I might not be allowed to?  And if Iberia can't fly to the US because the border is closed, what happens to the money I paid for my ticket? 

It's only Day 5.  Thinking positive has started becoming harder. 

No comments: