Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Lockdown in Spain-Day 10: Empty Streets


The New Normal

This was taken last night during my walk to the recycling bins.  Calle San Miguel looks like this even when it's not raining, even during the day...deserted.  I'm quickly running out of scenes in my limited radius of "necessary" walkabouts.  



Today Is was supposed to go out for groceries, and the plan was to be there when the place opens at 0900 so as to have full(er) shelves.  I awoke at 0700 and as it was raining and I think I'm healthier than she is, I decided to go.  Not altogether altruistic, though as I thought that there might be some interesting photos of people queueing outside in the heavy rain with umbrellas.  Got there at ten past and found the doors had just opened and a crowd of people was packed into the shelter of the doorway.  Social distancing abandoned in rain.  I dawdled in the parking lot, swabbing my shopping cart with alcohol and waiting for a photo.  No such luck, the empty store gobbled up the queue and the only umbrella in sight was mine.  To console myself, I bought the last bottle of DYC Single Malt on the shelf.  Maybe I'll find some images in there...

No comments: