Thursday, March 26, 2020

Lockdown in Spain-Day 12: I'd rather be in Kelowna


I'd rather take my chances walking with bears and Cougars than Covid-19.  This shot was taken in Kelowna, BC, way back around 2005.  The next shot was taken while standing outside our local pharmacy, waiting for one of the two customers allowed inside to finish.  Once I got in, the pharmacist who was helping me turned her attention to her colleague to explain something.  Since there was another customer three meters away, I was holding my breath as much as possible to avoid possible contamination.  I almost passed out.

This is the official warning about keeping a social distance, and the prohibition of group activities, blah, blah, blah.  This evening, a police car made the rounds, bleeping its siren and announcing that between 0600 and 0800 we should all stay inside with windows, shutters and doors shut as there was going to be a fumigation.   I hope it doesn't kill bees and wasps.  I need them to pollinate my lemons and olives.

Here is a shot looking up and out of our air shafr.  I never really appreciated it until today.  A different view is a good thing.

The only other memorable event of the day is that I climbed 101 flights of stairs (17 steps) to summit the Eiffel tower.  That equals about 2.44 km counting the descent as well.  In real terms it equates to two scotches on lots of rocks.  Salud!

No comments: