Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Lockdown in Spain-Day 3


Denia Fishermen

I decided to add "in Spain" to the post title, as I think that there will be many more locations added to the list before this is over.  Today was a repeat of yesterday except that it rained, it was cleaning day and I got to go out to toss the rubbish.  A highlight of that was that I got to say hello to the lady who lives across the street.  Spent some time editing and culling photos, read some, did some internet banking.  Thank God we have the internet!
The construction prep continues at the new health center; trucks bringing in dark-colored soil which looks like topsoil.  I don't know why it would be, as nobody would plant grass in this area.  Even the artificial stuff bleaches and looks like dead grass.  All this seen through the sliver of The Rest Of The World, as seen between the two buildings which face my studio window.


There have been hints that the lockdown might last longer than the initial 14-day period.  Maybe the health center will be operational by the end of sequestration and we'll be able to crawl the short distance to it.  Tomorrow I get to walk to the itinerant market for fresh vegetables, olives and frutas secos (nuts), I hope.  We are only allowed to walk, singly, to the food store, medical facilities, pharmacy and ironically the smoke shop and hair-dresser.  Now the latter two really make a lot of sense to me!

*******



Deep In Thought

*******


Denia Teens

*******

I hope tomorrow's walkabout proves to be fruitful, as I plan to take a camera along to the market and record any differences caused by the lockdown.  

No comments: