Thursday, April 9, 2020

Lockdown in Spain-Day 26, scouring the yard

The Rule of Thirds?

I've been scouring the house and yard in an attempt to find interesting photos.  I did miss one of a bee which had landed on one of my lemon blossoms.  All I had was a wide angle lens and when I tried to maneuver to get him in the viewfinder,  he spooked.  So, I shot a group of four lemons on the same branch.  We had three such clusters this year, and if I quit spooking the pollinators, we might again next year.


Gang of Four

2019 was a good year for lemons.  I quit counting somewhere in the mid -30s.  We just don't use them that much other than with fish, tea, Bloody Marys, G&Ts and the occasional lemon merengue pie.  We're in the middle of blooming with about twenty fruit still on the tree.  Fortunately, that is the best way to store them, but they do tend to get pretty big and sometimes hollow.

Did an early run to the supermarket and found a long queue which must have started well before the doors were to open.  It was probably due to the long weekend closure coming up.  Still no yeast, but everything else I needed was in good supply.


I read today that PM Sanchez is likely to ask for a further extension of the lockdown, this one til 10 May.  I expected it, am not excited about it, but will comply when it is ordered.


No comments: