Sunday, April 5, 2020

Lockdown in Spain-Day 22, Epiphanies

I have lately tried to distance myself from anything involving the braying idiot child of president, as it isn’t healthy to let my life to be defined by disgust, hate and anger.  Unfortunately the subject keeps floating to the surface like untreated sewage.  I have spent too many moments checking the BBC or NYT at wake-up hoping to read the (in his own words) “beautiful and great” news that he has died.  BUT, today my attitude ascended to a more sensible and mature level.  I will explain after I put forth these other epiphanies.

The first is laughable, though entirely likely.  We’ve all seen the news that the fool refuses to wear a mask.  trump (lower case is not a typo), in his self-aggrandizing way has described himself as a “wartime president”.  So, if the draft-dodger does fall victim to the virus, he will be able to claim that he was wounded in “the war”.  He would then award himself a Purple Heart and some other medal for bravery, thereby diminishing the honor earned by those who really served this nation.

The second is just as trumpian, though much sadder.  If he were to become infected, he would then be treated by the government thereby “getting his fair share back in return for the taxes he (has allegedly) paid”.  Unfortunately, wasting precious resources on this execrable sociopath would deprive a normal person of an opportunity to be saved.  I would sooner use the resources  to treat a homeless veteran on the streets of New York or a child in a concentration camp for “illegals”.

To end this, which I hope is my final thought devoted to a cause of national shame and misfortune, I will explain my new attitude toward trump, his family and his accomplices.  No longer will I pray for his imminent demise.  I now hope that he and they live a long, long life of ignominy, deprivation and regret.  



My True Colors

No comments: