Monday, April 6, 2020

Lockdown in Spain-Day 23, Mt. Everest in my sights


It was my turn to go to the supermarket, usually a pleasant activity, but no longer.  I get tense, tend to hold my breath even though I wear a mask and my skin crawls.  It wasn't bad, though.  Most people wore masks and were provided with hand sanitizer and gloves at the door.  No great crowd as I had expected, it being Monday morning, but then it was just after opening time. 

I've set a goal to reach before the new "Libertad" day if it isn't pushed back again.  I did some research and found that Mt. Everest is 29,002 feet high. Considering that my steps are seven inches tall and there are seventeen steps in a flight, I have to do 70 flights a day for two more days to reach 1/3 of the height (975 flights).  Then eighteen days with 88 flights a day and I will have summited and then some just to make sure. 

If we get another extension, I think I'll look at how far the moon is...

No comments: