Thursday, April 2, 2020

Lockdown in Spain-Day 19, Rain, Clouds, Rain


Standing Wave on Calle San Vicente Ferrer

So, I had trash and recycling duty last night, my latest foray into the deserted world of Covid.  Quite a bit of water running down the street and I caught this standing wave thrown up by the entrance to our driveway, using the new 23mm lens.  Hated to take it out in the rain, but it would serve no purpose at home staying dry.  If you got it-use it!  That's my new philosophy.  So, I am going to break out the remnants of the case of Juan Gil Tempranillo I bought in Jumilla a few years ago.  I had forgotten about it hidden away in a cooler in the garage until I started moving stuff around to make room for the supplies we have stockpiled in expectation of shortages.  No! we don't have an obscene amount of toilet paper, just two packs.  But, we do have a lot of Hacendado Fabada Asturiana.  That is our favorite, having tried numerous brands, including "gourmet" offerings which cost five times as much.  We did a side-by-side taste test several years ago and were quite surprised.  I have had the dish in an Asturian restaurant in Madrid, one which is highly rated, and still prefer the canned offering from Mercadona.  We plan, whenever this Covid crap is over, to go to Asturias and spend some time exploring the culinary delights.  I would like to be pleasantly surprised, but don't expect it.


Abstract Project #1

As a diversion and a way to fend off frustration with having all this cool equipment and nowhere to go and photograph, I have set myself a project of finding abstract subjects right at home.  This is the first.  G'night...

No comments: