Thursday, April 23, 2020

Lockdown in Spain-Day 40, another extension

Bleak!  Lifeless!  Uninteresting!  That's what's ahead if we don't find some silver lining in this cloud of isolation.  Yes, I know it's the right thing to do.  No, I won't demonstrate against it like those idiots in the US.  Maybe, we'll be safer if we get to wander around on the 10th of May. 

My virtual climb up Mt. Everest is nearly done.  I have three days to meet my original goal of 2925 flights of stairs, and only about 104 flights per day to do.  Piece of cake.  Now to find some other addiction to replace the self-afflicted one of stair-climbing.

I wonder how this fellow has fared during this pandemic.  He is a priest, probably retired, who feeds this flock of pigeons daily.  We've spoken a couple of times, but with his rapid, regional speech and my embryonic grasp of the language, very little is understood.  I did get that he feeds them extra on Sundays and holidays because the bars and restaurants aren't open as long, if at all.  When this is all over, I'm heading back to Orihuela to say, "Hola" again.

No comments: