Thursday, April 16, 2020

Lockdown in Spain-Day 33, some random photos Paris to Lisbon

Shot on the Paris Metro a few years ago when I met Dylan who had a conference there.  While he was working, I toured museums and wandered around.  I did some shopping on the Champs-Elysees, buying a tiny piece of lingerie for the obscene price of €85.  Skipped lunch that day.

After hours, he took me around a lot of the areas he had haunted back in the day when he studied there.  At 0430 one morning we were wandering along the Left Bank looking for a cocktail bar he knew of, and I wondered just how much studying he did back then.  We found it and I passed on the more exotic offerings, settling for a shot of Jose Cuervo.  I paid €8.50, over half what a bottle would cost in the US at the time. 

The coup de grace came at Orly airport on the way out when I spent another €8.50 for a 33cl/11.64 oz. bottle of water.

Paris will never see my shadow again.


This fellow was a reveler at the Orihuela Medieval Festival back around 2014.  That was the year that Shan, John and Jordan toured it with us.  The wind was so strong that it picked up the blacksmith tent with all the hanging iron and blew it down the street.











This was at a restaurant in Calasparra, during a coach trip to the park and chapel in a mountain. 







Three guys relaxing on the waterfront in Lisbon, taken in 2015 at the start of my bike ride from the Atlantic to the Mediterranean.












Not thinking much about the lockdown, at least trying not to.  I've been going through old photos and reliving some of the great times past.

No comments: