Sunday, November 11, 2007

Mesa, Day 2

A big cycling day for me. John & I set out for the horizon and wound up doing 31+ miles, up into the foothills and then back. What was big is that I found wrenches #4 & #5, and wirecutters #1. I also passed the next milestone for a total of 4,011 miles.

I don't know how much more cycling I'll be able to do, rushing back as it appears. I had no idea that Tgiving is on the 22nd-I thought it was closer to the end of the month. I guess that's what happens when you don't look at a calendar for weeks. Nick, I guess I won't be back early in the week-it will probably be more like Wednesday. I plan to be at Andre & Brooke's for turkey.

Anyway, I'll be heading from here to Phred's and from there to Albuquerque and/or Santa Fe. Blogging may be sporadic as they will probably happen only from Starbux again. Will take my time in New Mexico, looking around, and then probably zip from there. Time will tell.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Ha! I had the same surprise. I thought T-Day was at the end of the month... and I DO check my calendar every day! So I guess I'm looking at some grocery story action this week.

Looks like you're catching some splendid western sunsets. And hey, the self-timer works ... the proliferation of your mug on the WWW is complete!

We had some rain. We got excited, then got a little more than a quarter of an inch of water. We're starting to worry...

Hope you take and post more pictures when you get to NM. Been there a couple of times and the scenery in some corners is indescribable.

Be safe in your drive back home. Hope to hear from you some more.