Wednesday, November 7, 2007

La Vie En Rose

Dateline: Montclaire, CA
You know life is good when you're cruising along in your Hyundai in the company of Boxsters, Maseratis, Beamers and Lexi and they are all fighting for a lane to get to wherever they have to be to make the next payment on their lease. In the meantime you are grooving to La Vie En Rose or finger-tapping to Baby Driver going nowhere but East and not having to be anywhere till whenever you get there.
Breakfast was bread (sourdough from last night's feast) and water (bought ages ago somewhere in Illinois) on the San Bernardino Freeway. A meal fit for a king. Now I'm at a Starbux to catch up, caffeine up, load maps into Guida and gas up when I find a Shell station. I'll be hopping back onto 10 East and will decide on Yuma when I see the first sign.
Joe: Thanx a million for the great time and the 350+ miles of cycling we enjoyed. Sorry about the Jamba Juice on the brakes-I'm sure you'll devise a better cup-holder than the one I jury rigged. Can't remember; did your flat come before or after the juicing. Perhaps the nail got picked up by the goo. Anyway, I'll make you the same offer as I did to Paul: Make it to Maine and I'll buy you a lobster and a 40.
O.T.R.A.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Methinks you left LA too early, too soon. The screenwriters went on strike and the studios are looking for scabs who can pen a line or two. Methinks you'd be good for Jay Leno. Ya think?

Another 3-day weekend coming up to celebrate Veterans Day. Sleeping in, food, a movie or 2, some shopping, more sleep, more food. How 'bout you? What adventures do you and Guida have in your brain?

Drive safely, bike safely... Write soon.