Friday, November 16, 2007

Freezing near Nashville

I'm here, don't want to be. I'm alive, glad to be. I'm cold-I hate it. Bones/Simone: fix up t he spare room-I hope to fly down for a while if the $$$ aren't a problem later thiks winter. Fingers stiff, typing outdoors at a KOA Kampround near I-40. Earplugs again tonight. I ate at a place in Oklahoma last night,, that made me think of you. Their bicquit gravy was horrendous and i longed for yours. IOt was Piggy's Pig-Out Palace or something like that. Near a Shell station off I-40 and the only lighted/warm place around.
No reason to be anywhere other than AZ in the winter.
More tomorrow when I thaw and can type indpoors.
I just heard an Alaskan Kiki bird: Keekeekeerrrrissssst, it's cold!

1 comment:

Howard & Simone said...

The room is ready anytime. So far, the only occupants we have scheduled for certain is Dana, Amber and kids the week of April school vacation. Others are on a first come, first served basis. Have eaten at the Pig Out Palace and we tend to agree with you. You mentioned the Roosevelt Dam, by any chance did you make it to Tortilla Flats? Incidentally, if you do decide to visit Tucson this winter, it also is a good place for bicycling. You would have to do it alone you understand. If it is out of the question to bring your bike, I'm sure we could find a rental somewhere. As far as the views go, I'm sure we could show you a few that would take your breath away. Have a safe trip home.