Friday, September 21, 2007

Record heat in Savanna, IL

Today was laundry day. Cycled in town and learned that the local heat record was being broken (94 deg.) and the winds were expected to stay at 30-40 mph until the thunderstorms move in tonight with a possibility of hail. Hope I'm in the pod when it hits. Going to try to post a couple of ohotos. One is a bridge I'm going to ride over the Mississippi-looooong, windy and steel grid, no pavement or bike lane. The others were taken on the ride over yesterday.
I had lunch with Matt yesterday, missed Kim and met Camilla. Very cute and unlike her namesake great-grandmother, rather shy. Matt suggested the Miss. Palisades State Park for a campsite. Other than the fact that the trip to was about 3 times as long as the map said it would be, it was a nice trip and the park is great.
Tomorrow, I will strike for Rapid City , SD,and the Badlands/Crazy Horse parks. Will have to overnite somewhere in between. I'll pass on Deadwood as Wild Bill has already been kilt. I know I could have beat him, though...

1 comment:

Nick said...

Shoot the badlande; dawn the best time, bro.