Thursday, September 13, 2007

D. Day-4

Trying to get all the "stuff" done so I can cycle and chill the last couple of days: spare tires pumped up, final laundry done, bills paid, half-packed and therein is a problem. All the cycling gear is in one bag and regular clothes in another and I don't remember how much of what I packed. Didn't want to be "anal" and do a checklist. Guess I'll have to dump the bags to make sure I have everything. Piled up my footwear and began to feel like Imelda Marcos-3 pairs of cycling shoes, hiking boots, Crocs, sandals and water sneakers. I ought to take one more pair so I can have one for each week I'll be gone. Jean M. suggested I bring my cowboy boots. Was the reason fashion or snakes?

This afternoon I gave a lift to a fellow cyclist who had a flat. Tom works at Rainbow Bike in Auburn, has logged ~5000 miles this year (to my paltry 3227) and plans to go to UBI next summer to study frame-buildibg. Coincidence or karma?

What a long, strange trip it's going to be; if I may borrow a line from the Grateful Dead...

2 comments:

Howard & Simone said...

Sounds like you are all set and ready to go. There is as much excitement in the planning as there is in the treking sometimes, don't you think. If you are in need of extra clothes, if perchance you neglected to pack something, we can forward some of what you left at camp. Can't guarantee that they will fit any longer but can guarantee the smell of mothballs will keep some of those varmints away!

Gregory N. Locsin said...

Are you referring to those which were left after I was the first to swim in Sebec that spring?