Monday, September 10, 2012

Perfect day to cruise Casco Bay

Took a 3-hour cruise on one of the Casco Bay Lines' mailboats today, and visited five of the larger islands as it delivered mail, produce and passengers.  The weather was perfect, if a little hot while we were out of the Atlantic breeze.  Packed a lunch and had a great time basking in the sun as we sailed and docked in picturesque harbors.  Saw lots of dollars floating in harbors and sucking up fuel as they motored by.  I was a little envious until I considered the nine various boats I've owned, and remembered the adage that a boat is a hole in the water into which you pour money.  I think I'll stick with my kayak or ride in others' boats.

This actually happened before the trip to the County.  I just forgot to hit the "Publish" button

2 comments:

David Gartside said...

Sounds like you are having a great visit back home. See you both at month end to hear more,
David & Margaret G

Gregory N. Locsin said...

Looking forward to the 25th. Too bad we'll miss the luncheon and the duck races. Cheers!