Sunday, September 30, 2012

High Water

Ernest whispered in my ear, "It's a good day to die!"  I stared at the wounded Cape Buffalo we had tracked to the banks of the flooded Grumeti River, deep in the Serengeti.  The buff lowered his head and lunged at us, ten paces and one short life away.  It was a bad day to be out of ammunition.

That's what my mind conjured up as I saw this sunset over the Segura River, which was in flood.  We were lucky here, with minor inconvenience; debris and gravel left on the roadways.  Further southwest was not so lucky with much damage and about ten people lost.  This scene was shot as Shan and I cycled back from the beach at Guardamar del Segura, where the trio had their first dips in the Med.  Water was balmy, and probably warmer than that in our pool.

No comments: