Friday, November 18, 2011

Mid-November in Comunidad Valenciana


Last weekend Is and I climbed a third of the way up this mountain, Pico de Aguilas. with a friend from Redovan, the town at the foot. When I say climbed, I don't mean with ropes and chains as the students at the climbing school were using. We hiked up in beautiful weather, taxing our flat-land shoes and ankles. I hope to do the whole thing once I get the proper footwear and companion(s) who won't sprint ahead as I plod up it. I kept remembering a climb in the White Mountains that I did with Dyl & Kris. Up wasn't so bad, but down left me hobbling.

Cold and rainy today-winter is here. While it is not New England cold, it is bad enough for one whose blood has thinned to the consistency of a cheap LaMancha red, which by the way, is not hard on the palate. It certainly is easy on the pocket; allowing me to go out and buy a winter coat. Maybe I'll hold off on that, bundle up with second-hand stuff from one of the local markets and bring back one of the many nice ones lying useless in Westbrook, if I fly back mid-March.

That's one option that is being closely examined currently. Tax time approaches and I need to do some serious consulting with my accountant in Caribou. The rapacious eagle still demands its pound of flesh-I just hope a proctologist can give me an appointment shortly thereafter.

Anyway...will be doing some web-surfing for plane tickets and let everyone know when/if it becomes a reality. In the meantime I'll be cycling in all but the downpours and trying to paint otherwise.

No comments: