Friday, December 3, 2010

Update 03.12.10

We now have wheels. I found a good deal on a city bike that actually fits Is, so snapped it up for her. Then I tried out some segundo-mano MTBs kind of like Dyl's old Diamond-back, but they were somewhat low-end and the brake levers are reversed as they were from the British market. That was a nasty surprise on my test ride. So I had to bite the bullet and buy a used rocket bike. It is a light-weight Spanish bike with full Shimano 105 components and Campagnolo cranks and BB. I had to throw on a pair of el-cheapo flats which I'll rip off as soon as those that Nick is mailing with my shoes get here.
Pictures to follow, but I must vacate this place. It's an internet bar/cafe and the smoke is killing me. Got to stay healthy for the 80 K shop ride I was invited to go on this Sunday. Church of the Bicycle again!!!!!!!!!!
Ciao, Greg

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice work. Rocket bike=road race, not cyclocross, hybrid or MTB, I take it. Have the fun.

Gregory N. Locsin said...

Yeah, It's a lightweight roadie made by an 100-year old firm in the Basque country. BH bikes, for Bestegui Hermanos (brothers). Model is Ventoux-not a current model, but good enough for me. 51cm frame, which is approximately the same as my med. frame DBX, and 7cm smaller than the Trek. I'd prefer a larger cockpit, but it served me well on the 50-miler.