Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Rude Awakening

After a very hot 95 km. ride with the Amigos B group, shower, lunch and a siesta, I woke up startled to see an angel hovering over me.

After I recovered my composure and figured out that it wasn't the angel of death, I resolved to never again sit in the sun in the plaza and drink beer with Ian and Trevor.  

Just kidding.  This is actually a photo of a mosquito net that hovered over one of the beds in Las Pinas,  Philippines.  Have to admit, though, that it gave me quite a start the first time I awoke to see it.

Our short visit home is about to end.  We leave Monday, taking the Altaria to Madrid where we'll spend the night near Plaza Sol.  I want to find another great restaurant, then get some rest before the noon flight to Boston.  Things will be hectic as soon as we hit the ground, but I'll fill you in on that later, as things will surely change.

House purchase negotiations and arrangements here are almost complete, and as soon as we return in October (maybe sooner?) we'll be moving to the new digs.   Next post will probably be from the other side of the pond.  Hasta pronto.

No comments: