Friday, July 27, 2012

Looks like a bug to me!

Would you put that in your mouth?  Aside from eating stuff we can't get in Spain (lobsters, beef burgers with Canadian bacon, bleu cheese and pesto, refried macarni & cheese, Nick's ribs) we've been painting, cycling and driving to various appointments.
I'm having a bike sale.  Have road bike, touring bike, full-suspension MTB and (soon) my classic '70s steel frame roadie up for sale.  Trimming the stable and hoping to take some of the sting out of paying for the new bike.  I finally got the full-carbon bike I promised myself as a graduation present after the UBI course.  Didn't go for the Madone I originally wanted, but jumped on a Cannondale Synapse 3.  The long-ride comfort aspect sold me on it.  Now to prove it right with something longer than 30 miles.  Plan to do 25 out, Moody Mountain (Whaleback) and then 25 home this Sunday.  Should have a good idea how it will perform after that,
Safe cycling...

1 comment:

David Gartside said...

Good choice of new bike. I recently bought a Trek Madonne 5.2 and find it a very hard, twitchy ride on any poor road surfaces.
Glad to hear you are enjoying your visit Stateside. Best wishes to Isabel. See you in Sept - D&M, Formentera, Espana.