Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March 01 Ramble

Back from Bacolod. I connected with a lot of my classmates, most of whom were at the "reunion" seven years ago. One of the missing was Hernan Maalat, who was a cancer victim a couple of years ago. Of the old "Mad" gang, Louis Isasi has passed on during the interim. Miss you guys.

Most of the guys remembered Dylan from '03 and asked how he was doing. I passed on news of all. Thanks to Philip Garcia and Louie Zabaljauregui who hosted me/us at sumptuous meals.

In fact, about all we did was socialize and eat for four days. Lechon at the Hollero's. They are Is' sister, Maryanne's family. Traditional breakfast at Millie's. Great luncheon given by Lope & Maricor, Peking Duck, Blue Marlin, and several other Chinese delicacies at dinner given by Philip G. Last but surely not least was a dinner of traditional Spanish/Filipino food at Zabal's. Urrrp! I miss my bike.

Dinner bell just rung. See ya!

No comments: